Top Smartphone Brands In The Philippines As Of Q3 2022, According To Canalys
November 14, 20222:43 pm
>>> Shared from the Original Post at TechPinas : Philippines' Technology News, Tips and Reviews Blog
Are you wondering which smartphone brands continue to sell well in the Philippines amidst the challenges of the 2022 global post-pandemic recession?
Based on data estimates gathered by international research firm Canalys in Q3 2022 or from July to September 2022, here are the Top Five Smartphone Brands in the Philippines in terms of sell-in shipments or total units sold.
1. realme – The Chinese handset brand remained at the top position with 19% market share. However, what’s alarming for the company is that despite its success, it got a -28% annual growth rate compared to the same period in 2021.
2. vivo – The greatest comeback story in this list belongs to vivo with a tremendous rise to the #2 position from sliding down in the several past quarters. The brand now has 17% share of all units sold, just trailing realme.
3. OPPO – Close at #3 is OPPO with 16% market share. The brand has a lot of room to grow, though, with its -15% year-on-year growth. If OPPO can mount a comeback in Q4 2022, it can well rival realme and vivo for the top position as we enter 2023.
4. Transsion – Although Transsion, maker of Infinix and Tecno smartphones, got an amazing 79% year-on-year growth in Q3 2022 (perhaps, largely due to the fact that it’s the youngest company in this list), it wasn’t enough for the brand to penetrate the top 3 tier. For me, though, even if it slid to the #4 spot with 16% share of all units sold, the brands of this handset company continue to hold a lot of promise.
5. Samsung – Korean Tech Giant Samsung wraps up the list at #5 with 13% unit share and a -18% annual growth in the said period. I think that having so many competitors in the midrange and entry-level echelons have doused Samsung’s sales trajectory a bit but this company has shown great resilience through the years so I’m sure they’ll mount a great run towards the top spot again in 2023.
Going back to vivo, the brand got an incredible 88% year-on-year growth in Q3 2022 due to the success of the vivo X80 Series, vivo V25 Series, as well as the vivo Y Series line-up consisting of vivo Y02s, vivo Y16, vivo Y35 and vivo Y22s.
According to Ms. Kelly Oliveros, vivo Philippines’ Senior Brand Marketing Supervisor, “We are grateful to all our partners and customers who have continuously put their trust in our brand. This would not have been possible without your support so we want to share this achievement with all of you. You can all trust that this feat will continue to inspire and motivate us in bringing more innovative and premium devices for Filipinos to enjoy.”
Congratulations to the Top Five Smartphone Brands in the Philippines as of Q3 2022! A lot of work still has to be done to make smartphone shipments return to pre-pandemic levels but I’m glad that the situation is finally looking up! Cheers!