Pandemic Travel Requirements In The Philippines
As the Pandemic still exist in these days of the new normal. Strict implementation of travel from border to border will remain implemented from the time being by different local government unit (LGU). The vaccine already started out, but the cases of new infected are still higher on the statistic records of the Department of Health (DOH).
For us to be sure and avoid hassle on our travel, I made a researched and listed all the documents needed to secure before driving or boarding the plane going to your travel destination.
Local Stranded Individual (LSI) travel requirements
*People who are stranded and don’t have a place to stay in Metro Manila wanting to go back to their provinces.
– Travel Authority/Pass (from the Join Task Force COVID-19 Shield of the PNP) to be issued by Municipal or City Chief of Police for travel between provinces within a region or Provincial Director if travel between regions.
– Medical Certificate from Municipal/City Health Office or DOH Accredited Hospital
– Barangay Certificate that person has no COVID-19 symptoms for the past 14 days before day of travel.
– 14 days home quarantine upon arrival to your province
– A coordination with your barangay upon arrival
– Limited capacity if you are using private car for travel
– Rapid test or Antigen (depending on LGU)
Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) travel requirements
*Filipino working in other country who lost their job and send back home.
– Travel Authority/Pass
– Negative RT-PCR result and Quarantine Certificate issued by DOH-Bureau of Quarantine
– Proof of Residence
– Valid Passport
– 14 days quarantine (varies from country you came from and the Community Quarantine status)
Authorized Person Outside Residence (APOR) or Business travel requirements
*Frontliner and essential worker authorized to be outside for work.
– Company ID
– Medical Certificate
– Company letter approved by Join Task Force COVID Shield of the PNP
– Swab test or Antigen (depending on the Community Quarantine status)
Point of View:
Although, LGU’s has its different implementation of accepting entry from Metro Manila. It is better to secure complete documents to avoid the hassle and stress. Some provinces or barangay’s are having additional requirements not on the list you may need to know just to make sure.
Some useful links to get updated about COVID-19
COVID-19 Case Bulletin
COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
COVID-19 IATF-EID Resolutions